Autopsy Pending For Construction Worked Killed In Trench

STUDIO CITY (CBS) — An autopsy was pending Wednesday a construction worker who was killed when a trench collapsed on him.

The 30-year-old man was working in a trench about eight feet deep and two feet wide on North Oeste Avenue when it fell, burying him up to his neck around 2:50 p.m. Tuesday, Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

Firefighters used a vacuum to remove soil on top of the man, who was declared dead at 3:10 p.m., Humphrey said.

No other construction workers at the site, near Mulholland Drive and Coldwater Canyon Avenue, saw the collapse happen.

The man had been working at the same company for 10 years. His name has not been released.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It
Follow Us On Twitter

Listen Live