Autopsy Pending For Construction Worked Killed In Trench

STUDIO CITY (CBS) — An autopsy was pending Wednesday a construction worker who was killed when a trench collapsed on him.

The 30-year-old man was working in a trench about eight feet deep and two feet wide on North Oeste Avenue when it fell, burying him up to his neck around 2:50 p.m. Tuesday, Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

Firefighters used a vacuum to remove soil on top of the man, who was declared dead at 3:10 p.m., Humphrey said.

No other construction workers at the site, near Mulholland Drive and Coldwater Canyon Avenue, saw the collapse happen.

The man had been working at the same company for 10 years. His name has not been released.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. William Stephens I says:

Rest in peace and God bless your family

2. Rodney Inatomi says:

i will pray for you i hope your afer life is peaceful good by sir

3. Sarge says:

Anyone who works in construction knows that you never work in any trench more than four feet deep without shoring it up so that it is less likely to colapse on you.My condolences to the man’s family,and if it were me i’d be having that construction company investigated and find out why he was in a trench that deep for one,without a second”man in the hole”or at least someone watching for safety.Find out also who authorized this man to be working in the trench without safety procedures being observed.I’ve worked construction for over 8yrs.and i would’ve never put myself in an unsafe situation like that ,nor let my boss put me there either.

1. construction man says:

its 5 feet

4. P.Somers says:

My condolences to the family.
    btw who edited this piece????

5. warrk21 says:

Please go to departedngone and Let The World Know that we have lost a Good Life.
    Departed N Gone