Man Accused Of Murdering His Mother And Putting Her Body In Freezer

MAYWOOD (CBS) —  A 19-year-old male allegedly killed his mother and put her remains in the freezer in their Maywood apartment before telling police about the crime and leading them to her body.

The body was discovered around 2 p.m. in the 5600 block of Maywood Avenue, said Sgt. Diane Hecht of the Sheriff’s Headquarters Bureau.

The victim, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities told Dave Lopez, reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, that a man, described as a male Hispanic, walked into a police station and told them he committed a murder and where to find the body.

The suspect is in custody.

It is not known when the murder took place or how the victim died.

Comments

1. tatie says:

I just saw this on tv.. How can someone do that to their own mother. Its unforgivable.

1. mister s says:

I could easily. Not everyone has a good mother.

2. mister t says:

Thats Cold!

3. Person says:

It’s kind of scary too know that I would hang out with this guy a year ago…

4. Yo says:

I live next door to the apartments where they it happens, it is truly sad to see where the world is heading and things get closer and closer to home each time. The is no excuse for what he did no matter what kind of person his mother was specially the way he did it you have to be in some really messed up drugs or sick in the head to think that any of this is acceptable .

5. Joe lopez says:

This is really horrible! And what is shocking is the fact that the suspect is hispanic! with all due respect to all my white friends out there, but this is something a white person does.

1. Ricardo says:

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing too!! ” oh wow…another one person did this again!”

and then…for it to have been a latino..wow… oh well! each race has its own bad apples, but this is usually a type of crime know to be done in greater numbers by white people . No disrespect to them as well.

1. Ricardo says:

white person did this again*

2. Anne says:

LOL! I am white and you are absolutely right!!!

6. lor fogel says:

I’m white and I know what you mean. Latino culture is much more family oriented, plus they don’t have that anger of white privilege denied.

7. swhitS says:

Anti depressants do this.

8. T. McGarry says:

Well, glad to see the Latinos are assimilating…

9. Coraima says:

I couldnt belive it when i got the txt message informing me that moi had just killed his mom. i was in total denial. how could he. i never thought he was that phsycotic and would go to that extream. something must have tooken over him at that moment. he loved his mother from the times i saw him with her. i cant belive i dated him. i still wish him luck in there and hope he realizes that his life will no longer be the same after what he did.