Driver, 60, Shot And Killed In South Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A 60-year-old man was shot in the chest and the head and killed Monday night in South Los Angeles, according to authorities.

The name of the driver has not been released until his next of kin can be notified.

The driver stopped in front of a liquor store at Imperial Highway.

The shooting occured just before 8:30 p.m.

Investigators told Serene Branson, reporting for KCAL9 from the scene, that they were investigating the shooting as a possible case of road rage.

The victim died enroute to the hospital, according to police.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Bro Fred says:

This is oh so very sad. Another senseless killing. When are we going to learn to love one another and to be patient with each other.

1. Really says:

Not going to happen unless the human race starts over. People are animals these days.

2. Jaime Centeno Jr says:

Imperial Highway and what?

1. Dee says:

Imperial Highway and Broadway

3. Harve says:

Once our local police start blasting a few of the hoodlums and gang bangers roaming the streets, this activity will stop.

1. sHONUFF says:

U SOUND SO STUPID U NEED TO BE BLASTED….!! DUMMY…! GET A LIFE…!

4. Dork Buttock says:

I made poopy in my pants.

5. Ms. Booty says:

This was my God brother that someone took in this senseless shooting that occurred Monday night. We as people have got to take time and learn to love one another. My brother was a very fun, loving and caring person with so much soul and all ways full of laughter. He will truly be missed by any, every, and all that knew of him. I love you Michael your God Sis Kim !

1. sWEET*TOOPH says:

WHY THEY SAY THE HOMIE WAS 60… HE FAR FROM THAT I KNOW….

6. thnkstupid says:

im sorry for our loss…did they say what happened or why?

7. So sorry for the family says:

This happened so close to home. I am very much soory for your loss. I can only imagine how you feel and his mother, wow, this world is getting to be scary. I am thinking end of days. I have a son 32 years of age and I pray every day that GOD surrounds him and walk by his side. If this were to happen to me, I would have no more life because he is all I have. GOD help us all.