Local

Attempted Abduction Report In Redondo Beach ‘A Misunderstanding’

View Comments
generic_graphic_crime_child_missing_hurt_killed_shoes
Photo Galleries

REDONDO BEACH (CBS) — Redondo Beach police Friday said a report of an attempted abduction of an 8-year-old boy on Thursday afternoon turned out to be a “misunderstanding.”

Police had circulated a suspect and vehicle description after being told that a man tried to coax the boy into a car about 3 p.m. Thursday as the child walked home in the 2500 block of Huntington Lane. The boy told his mother, who called police.

“We have determined that the contact between the child and a neighbor was misconstrued,” Redondo Beach police Sgt. Fabian Saucedo said.

“There was no attempted abduction. The father of the boy knew the man, but the boy didn’t know that the father knew the man. It was a misunderstanding.”

Police had been investigating the possibility that the case was connected to several incidents in November, in which a man stalked and exposed himself to children in the beach city.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,468 other followers