ORANGE (AP) — The uncle of a 6-month-old girl seriously burned during a Southern California holiday barbecue has been arrested for child endangerment.
Anaheim investigators say 33-year-old Miguel Angel Tellez was preparing a Monday afternoon meal at an apartment complex and had filled a plastic jug with gasoline and poured in on barbecue coals.
The milk jug exploded in flames and Tellez tossed it toward the baby, who was in a stroller about four feet away. Sgt. Rick Martinez says the girl suffered second- and third-degree burns on her legs.
Tellez was booked for investigation of felony child endangerment and unlawfully causing a fire. Bail is set at $100.000.
(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)