‘Grim Sleeper’ Probe Opens 4 New Missing Person Cases

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck says detectives investigating the suspected “Grim Sleeper” serial killer have opened four new missing person cases.

Beck told a local television news station on Thursday that the cases were opened after investigators were flooded with information following the release of about 180 photos that were found in the home of Lonnie Franklin Jr., who was arrested in July and has pleaded not guilty to the murders of 10 women.

Beck says investigators have so far been able to identify more than 50 of the women.

He says it was a tough decision to release the photos, many of which include women in sexual acts, but he was confident additional victims would be discovered.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. Mikey says:

    The guy has quite a work ethic. Give him probation and send him home. Think of it as social justice.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live