4 Teens Shot, 2 Dead, In Redlands

REDLANDS (CBS) — Authorities say four teens were shot — two fatally — Wednesday evening in Redlands.

Details surround the shooting were limited but police confirmed one victim was declared dead at the scene and one died later at the hospital .

The shooting was reported at E. Colton and Oxford Avenue.

All four victims were described as “black teenagers” and “high school aged.”

The two victims who did not die are reportedly in serious condition.

Comments

1. SUSANNA OLVERA-ZWART says:

WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR COMMUNITIY AND WHY ISN’T OUR COMMUNITY BIEING POLICED BETTER WHEN A TEEN CAN BURGALIZE SO MANY HOMES IN OUR COMMUNITY ? I’VE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND SEE THE COMMUNITY GOING DOWN QUICK WITH GANG MEMBERS FILTERING REDLANDS. NO ONE SEEMS TO MINE OR CARE???????

1. courntey says:

thats what happens when we let group homes in…we bring the gangs to us and invite them to stay..the community needs to ban together to change this

2. Randy Jamohn Nava Martono-Chai says:

Honestly, I do not understand why such event has taken place in a city as Redlands, as opposed to a more widely populated area such as LA. Gang-related cultures are influencing too much of the youths. The end product is this: a waste of life over violence that did not have to exist in the first place.

1. Jazz says:

Randy, you are a moron. Violence takes place everywhere and is committed by all races and cultures.

Ted Bundy was a law student, John Wayne Gacy was a party clown. Timothy McVeigh or Jeffrey Dahmer weren’t in a gang neither were Richard Speck or the Menendez brothers. The bozos in Columbine were part of a gang either.

Funny that no one speaks of the violence that skinheads commit against people. In fact your surname would make you a prime target.

You need to wake up.

3. k says:

it called race cards get with the program

1. Jayson Bohrer says:

Race card, sense when did the convicts run freemens’ minds.
      So, who says blacks and mexicans should kill each other?
      If we continue, who and what is next? Old vs. Young; Dark vs. Light;
      Man vs. Woman……. this play has already been written. Lynchism !!!
      Wake up ….. u have become what is wanted out of you.
      A populace that feeds the prison system.

4. Ken says:

Quin McCaleb is the son of my next door neighbor. I would talk to him whenever I got the chance. He was like any other teenager who enjoyed football and dreamed of enrolling in college to advance his career. I stressed upon him the need to finish school, because for every child who dreamed of playing professional sport, there were countless others who did not make it. Last year, I encouraged him to work out with me. Like most kids, he was not committed to lifting weights, but, whenever I would run into him, he was always respectful and courteous. RIP Quin. Your parents miss you. I wish I could have tomorrow back.

5. Jazz says:

I would like to address all of you who are shocked that this could happen in Redlands.

Violence takes place everywhere and is committed by all races and cultures.

Funny that no one speaks of the violence that skinheads commit against people. The only time there was a hugh outcry was when skinheads attacked a white woman and her son for complaining about their compound.

You need to wake up.

6. c-man says:

I am sure these kids were not as innocent as the media and family and friends portray them to be. These kids were probably thieves or drug dealers. They burned or ripped off the wrong guy. I dont care if a kid is on the honor roll. It doesnt mean he isnt involved in criminal activity

7. U-sef Hawara says:

who caress

8. tears says:

I live in redlands, actualy right down the street…one of these boys was a friend of my sisters. You can ump to any conclusion you want but the fact is that young man that died was not a bad kid. From what i understand they were being harrast because they were black. Its ashame how some people think just because they were black they were in a gang! Wake up before something like this happens in your area