FIRE LATEST: Thousands More Flee As Thomas Fire Flares Up Saturday  | Closures And Evacuations
Live Blog | Listen Live | Full Coverage
#CBSLAHelps: CBSLA teamed up with the American Red Cross to raise money for victims of the Southern California firestorms. Click Here to donate! You can also text CBSLAHELPS to 75759 to learn more. Celebrity Guests | Full Recap

NEW YORK (AP) — General Motors Co. is recalling almost 100,000 vehicles to fix two problems that could cause the rear axle to lock and the passenger-side airbag not to work.

GM says in postings with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that the airbag recall affects almost 96,000 2005 to 2007 model year versions of the Cadillac CTS.

The axle recall affects almost 1,300 2011 model year versions of the Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 and Silverado 1500, as well as the GMC Sierra 1500.

The axle recall is expected to begin in January. GM did not say when the airbag recall would begin.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments (8)
  1. Den52 says:

I’ll never buy another GM car. The motor on my 2005 Cad conked out again as I was making a left turn at an intersection. It cost me $1,500 to fix it again. I’m buying a Nissan just like my friends.

2. Ed says:

Well, it’s nice to see that even after a taxpayer bailout, bankruptcy that GM is has still not shed the vestiges of the former General Motors Corporation. The new GM LLC is still the same old GM- a lousy car maker. Jesus.

3. rescued sammie says:

Its nice to know that On-Star will assist you after you crash because your axles locked up and the air bags did not deploy. I wonder if the president’s cadillac is also on the recall list. Looks like Mr. Goodshaft is doing it to us again, this time with our money

4. geeM says:

The Caddy would have had more than 100K on it, or it would have covered by warranty. Sounds like a very low oil level. Proper maint. ?? How about the big Toyota recall ? Don’t be too quick to belittle american jobs and produts.

5. 2958 says:

Never, ever ever will i buy an american car…. I have a 97 maxima i had for 10 years… And its steal going strong 130,000 miles oil change every 3,000 miles…

1. mister s says:

My ford five hundred has 120,000 miles with absolutly no problem and only have to change the oil every 5000 miles. Ill agree GM sucks, but the quality of ford is rapidly improving.

6. geeM says:

I’d like to thank 2958 and others for helping to kill american jobs…….

1. 2958 says:

I buy cars that i can depend on!!!