Gunshots Reported In Parking Lot Of ArcLight Theater In Hollywood

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Moviegoers inside the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood were ordered to stay in their seats early Sunday because gunshots had been reported in the parking lot.

The incident happened about 3 a.m. at the theater on Sunset Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles Times.

No one was injured in the apparent shooting, but movie patrons at an after-midnight screening were told not to leave the theater lobby or parking lot while police searched the grounds, looking under vehicles and inside trunks and conducting pat downs.

Officers looked for about two hours, but found nothing and no one turned up, the Times reported.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. GB says:

This is because black people have started turning up to late night showings.

1. Jamie says:

What? You’re an idiot! LOL

2. RA says:

Stupid racist comment, “GB.”

2. Moe Greene says:

It was teabaggers seeking 2nd Amendment solutions. GB, you are a jerk.

3. Parents says:

My ex lives near there
    Gangster teenagers leave the clubs
    Intimidate,Rob,Mug locals
    It’s gotten bad in that area

1. Harry says:

You are ridiculous.

4. destrudo says:

I was there, they had at least 5 black folk’n cuffed and wasted a considerable amount of gas. The searches were unsatisfactory because I had an AR-15 rifle cased in my trunk (For emergencies) and expected reprisal.

I figure they were bored and felt like roundin’ up some minorities.

5. Katarina S. says:

The entire Hollywood area is a major DEATH TRAP. Drugs & Thefts are abundant and is NOT safe to patronize the area, especially at night, when
    the Psychos are running rampant.
    I cannot sympathize when horrific & nefarious incidents occur.
    The moral of this story is: STAY OUT OF HOLLYWOOD !!!

1. Harry says:

Oh please, get over it. I hope you stay out of Hollywood.

6. Lee says:

It happened at 2:21 am (according to my watch). There were two shots, followed by three more thereafter. I just walked past the structure a minute before it occurred. All I know is that the club right across the street closed and there were a large crowd (predominantly african-american) just fraternizing outside the structure.

7. Harry says:

Let me call the WAAAMMMMMBULANNNCE…..It’s a city, if you don’t like it, move to Nebraska, whiners.