1 Dead, 2 Injured In Car-To-Car Shooting On Interstate 5

NORWALK (AP) — Authorities say one man is dead and two others are wounded following a vehicle-to-vehicle shooting on the northbound Santa Ana Freeway.

The shooting occurred on Interstate 5 shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday between Carmenita Road and Rosecrans Avenue.

Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. John Fleischmann tells City News Service that one of the shooting victims was pronounced dead. The condition of the two surviving victims was not disclosed. The three victims were in a dark-colored Ford minivan.

The California Highway Patrol closed the freeway late Wednesday so sheriff’s deputies could search for evidence in the shooting.

No other details of the shooting were immediately available.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Micahel says:

Crazy latino gang bangers!! you want to bet? It will be some family feud or drug bust later! We need to get these kids in school and off of the street

2. Fed Up says:

Micahel, you’re a complete idiot. It could have been anyone shooting at this car. Most likely they were insane, serial killing white kids who did this, This happened on the freeway not a neighborhood or do only hispanic gang members get to drive on the freeway? It could also have been someone as ignorant as you.

3. rjsmitty says:

drug cartels from mexico just looking for jobs that Americans wont do ?

4. ALAN says:

More anchor babies out doing what they do I want to pass my DREAM ACT. My dream act thou sends them(anchor babies) and their illegal parents HOME ( Mexico). To shoot kill have baby in their home land and not here on the American Taxpayer BACK.

1. Sophia says:

Hi Alan. Can you please learn proper grammar and punctuation? Or is that how you hicks were “learned” to write? I don’t want you as an American, either. You shame America! Good Day!

1. rjsmitty says:

When you call people “hicks ” you are using a derogatory term and shows your racism.

2. mister s says:

“Hicks” isn’t a racist term. It’s just used to describe uneducated non urban types. It is however widely associated with low income white folk from the south…… like most of my relatives. Fortunatly, I had the good sense to move far, far away from them. It’s funny though that RJSmitty of all people is pointing out what he thinks is racist.

2. Brains says:

Judging by the way YOU speak english its OBVIOUS your NOT american so I wouldn’t TALK !!

5. barack obama says:

hobbits…it was those damn hobbits…every since they left middle earth our community has not been the same

6. lol says:

it was the norwalk locos oh im sorry the norwalk 13 lol

7. Facetious says:

Both of you are wrong. If we’re going to point racial fingers, then we all know who is really to blame.

It was those damn sneaky Eskimos. Always causing trouble.

8. Jojo says:

Michael is right, this was drug related. The person who died is a known drug dealer.

9. letuan says:

crazy mexicans

10. Debbie says:

This could have been done by ANYONE. DO NOT PLACE BLAME IF YOU HAVE NO PROOF. Although most of the “bangers” I have seen ARE Latino, that does not mean it was them. It could have very well have been “pay back” or road rage.

11. Joe says:

Of course it was Mexicans, who else. It happened in Norwalk, duh! I agree that anyone born here to an illegal should also be considered illegal and sent back as their parents broke the law and their kids should be deemed illegal also. We need to round em all up in camps like we did the Japs and sort them out.

12. Rojo says:

When a person is Killed No Matter WHO, No Matter What It Is NOT.(repeat) NOT FUNNY!!

1. mister s says:

Thats incorrect. When my father was killed years ago…… that was funny.

13. d mexican says:

i’l bet 1 kilo of cocaine it was the latinos… who else??

14. Joe says:

1 less illegal to deport

15. Evey says:

all yu ignorant people need to be quite, I personally kno thee guy & he WAS’NT a drug dealer & WAS’NT illegal.! get it straight before yu start talkingg on thee deceased becuz none of yu guys kno him.! he was a good guy & will be missed, yeah he was Latino but wat does that have to w/ anythingg.? yu all need to shut up & STOP beingg racist.!

1. sweetangels says:

He was one of my managers nephews. So if the people on this board doesn’t know what they are talking about then they need to stop. He wasn’t a drug dealer and what I was told by someone who did know what happen it was a random shooting.. So get your facts straight people… geeish.. My prayers go out to my manager and her family.

16. victor says:

rip john estrada u will me missed bro especially while playing rugby .. cant belive this happen

17. stunned says:

wow!!! i can’t believe how ignorant people can be. Through all the things we go through in this world and you still have the audacity to blame certain people’s actions on a RACE or the fact that they may or may not be an ‘anchor’ baby! i think we should just round up all you racist and ignorant people and put you somewhere else, because I don’t ‘want’ you here either! i don’t know this man that died, but whoever he is, i’m sure he has family and or kids that will miss him and my thoughts and prayers go out to them. because like rojo said, there’s NOTHING funny about death and as ignorant and stupid as you other people sound, i hope and pray that you do not feel what that family is feeling reading your hateful and pathetic comments!

18. Big Brother says:

Wow you people come on here to run your mouths about immigrants ? really now your no better than any other blind brain dead “proud to be an american” out there… this kids dead and you come on here talking about race ? no respect what so ever. Your all immigrants accept that, unless your native don’t even bother talking bout sending people back to their countries.

19. Brains says:

A man is DEAD, do I see condolences to his family here ? No, I see a bunch of brain dead morons mouthing off about things that BOTHER them and have a chance to OPEN their ‘racist, idiotic’, ridiculous statements. There have been shootings on the frwy before. Were they gang related , NO. Were they about road rage, NO. None of you people here have ANY shred of evidence of how this went down or WHO died or WHY ? I would RATHER have ANYONE who talks the way MOST of you here DEPORTED to your HOME countries ( trust me NONE of you are from HERE except the Native Americans) Look at the splinter in your OWN eye BEFORE you see the LOG in your neighbors eye !!

20. Mr. Purple says:

They obviously weren’t gang bangers; all of the bullets hit their intended targets.

21. lala says:

The victom is my nephew.. He is a wonderfull person, he has a big heart and full love, and life.. So if anyone on ths board has anything to say, chk ur facts first because u all sound really really stupid, and u knw who u r.. He will b missed very, very much.. He has a new baby bro tht he never got to meet.. I LOVE AND MISS U ESTRADA.. u will always b with me..

22. Vanessa says:

LOPEZ-The victum is my nphew & i miss & i miss him dearly. my forever love goes on strong for you & i want justice served. R.I.P.JOHN.

23. estrada says:

RIP BROTHER U ARE GREATLY MISSED, ITS SAD HOW ALL THESE PPL CAN SIT HERE AND TALK ABOUT YOU, ITS OK CAUSE WE KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON U REALLY WERE AND I JUST HOPE ONE DAY THE TRUTH COMES OUT. WELL I GUESS IT WOULDNT EVEN BE WORTH MY TIME IF I STARTED ARGUING WITH THESE PPL THAT ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU THERE JUST IGNORANT, NEVER FORGOTTEN REST IN PARADISE JOHN !