4 Valuable Dogs Stolen Along With Van In Bellflower

BELLFLOWER (CBS/AP) — A reward is being offered for four valuable show dogs that were inside a white Chevrolet van stolen in Bellflower.

KNX 1070’s Pete Demetriou Reports From Bellflower

Sgt. Daniel Gillespie says the van was stolen between 11 p.m. Monday and 6:30 a.m. Tuesday. He didn’t know if the two Akitas and two corgis were in carriers or loose in the vehicle.

Dog owner Kristina Rickard of Bella Vista in Northern California pleaded for the return of the dogs and told Fox TV Los Angeles that they are worth about $500,000. She and the dogs were in town to take part in a dog show at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Gillespie says investigators believe the target of the theft was the van. He says what happens next will depend on how the thief decides to deal with the dogs.

Here are the most recent photos available for the dogs:

bunny 4 Valuable Dogs Stolen Along With Van In Bellflower

(Credit: CBS)

stolen akita trace 101130 4 Valuable Dogs Stolen Along With Van In Bellflower

"Trace" (credit: akitasdreamhi.com)

peter 4 Valuable Dogs Stolen Along With Van In Bellflower

(Credit: CBS)

stolen akita dd 101130 4 Valuable Dogs Stolen Along With Van In Bellflower

(credit: akitasdreamhi.com)

(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Cho King says:

I’d check the menus in Koreatown.

2. Jade says:

OMG, I live near this area unfortunately. It’s a VERY bad area full of delinquents and prostitutes. I hope the doggies are found safe and sound. This is so sad.

3. Berlyn Moon says:

WHITE CHEVY VAN WITH BLACK BOX ON THE BACK. ALSO THERE ARE 3 DOG STICKERS ON THE BACK WINDOW, AKITA, BRITTANY AND PARSON. PLEASE HELP! CA LICENSE PLATE-8D50252 If anyone has any information, please call 911.

1. Susan says:

Any dog whether it’s a show dog or a pet should not be left in a van overnight. Those poor, poor dogs. They are beautiful dogs and I hope they are found safe and taken better care of in the future. I would never ever leave my dog in a car overnight and if I had no choice but to do that I would stay with them in the van overnight. That’s just terrible.

1. amanda says:

Thank you! How could you leave a pet, that you say is like your child in a horrible neighborhood, locked in a van over night!!!!

4. Peaches says:

That’s a bloody callous comment! It insults Koreans and the dogs’ owners – what a nice “twofer”.

5. Nigel McLondon says:

Where I come from “bloody” is a terrible swear word. Please watch the offensive language.

6. Bill says:

What an idiot to state the value of the dogs. Here’s your sign…..
    However, I do hope the dogs are found safe.

7. Loretta says:

Glad to hear that, Bill. We’ve be awaiting your well wishes all day.

8. common sense says:

if they are worth $500,000 why are you staying at the motel 6??????????

1. Trisha says:

Because dog handlers don’t make that kind of money. They are paid to show other peoples pricey dogs.

9. Jane says:

The higher the stated price, the more dilligent the search. The reward is real. “Cho” should do his stand-up somewgere else. Odd that Nigel is more insulted by the use of a word that here is NOT a swear word.

10. Amanda says:

Why on earth would anyone with half a brain leave a pet-no matter their dollar value- in a van overnight??? You say they are like your children, and they are your life…then why did you leave them locked up in a cage all night? I don’t know about you, but I would leave my child or pet left unattended in a vehicle for 5 minutes, let alone all night(especially in Bellflower of all places)!!!! Sleep in warm PJ’s and turn up the AC if the animals prefer cold weather. I for one don’t mean to sound heartless, but i’m sick of hearing them cry over their children that they left in a van all night long.I don’t feel bad for them at all, I feel bad for the helpless animals. Lesson learned. I do hope the dogs are found safe, but prayerfully they will be treated better in the future! Use some common sense people!! Hopefully they were’nt trying to be cheap and not have to pay for a pet deposit at the Motel…..

1. Common Sense says:

Beautiful Dogs, owners have no Common Sense! I agree Amanda!

11. icnhndlu says:

Isn’t it normal to have show dogs such as these “chipped”? You would think.

1. mister s says:

Im sure they are chipped but that doesn’t do any good to help find them. The chips would only be read by a veterinarian or an animal shelter in the event the dogs were brought to either one as strays…….. not something that is likely to happen.

12. Carol Lopez says:

i have known tameria for five yrs now she used to show my sharpei lilia.My heart goes out to you and the dogs i hope you find them soon and if your reading this bigger hugs from all of us at china blue pearl kennels in palmdale,ca

13. Carol Lopez says:

tameria was at a dog show how can you cast such harshment at her hasnt she suffered enought at your hands lets help her get them back what if it happined too you and you were at a market ect now what your still going to cast blame. How sad we need to help her as much as possiable and get these dogs back and stop bickering.

1. Lance says:

This has happened because of her own handsm not mine! It wouldn’t happen to me because I would never leave my pet in a van locked in a tiny kennel overnight. It’s not about casting blame, it’s personal accountability. The media and the owner should get their story straight then, becuase it said they were kept in the van overnight because they animals prefered cold weather-not because she was at a dog show. I don’t feel sorry for them-and it’s ridiculous that these people are crying on camera, about how much they love the dogs and they are their life. Then why were they kept in a van all night? It is a sad situation, for the animals. They should have made sure, and took every effort that those poor dogs were safe and cared for. Pets should be seen as part of the family, and not just a $ sign!!!

14. Kevin Byrne says:

I would never ever leave my dog in a car, those dog show people care about money not the welfare of the dog. there is no way those dogs wanted to be left alone in a van , the owner is full of bs. I hope they get there dogs back and treat them more humanely in the future!

15. HDFoster says:

Dog show people don’t only care about money, or they wouldn’t be showing. You sure don’t make big bucks doing it. I show for the enjoyment of the competition and the beauty of the dogs.

16. Cheryl says:

Why would you stay in Bellflower if the show is all the way down in Long Beach??? If you couldn’t afford a expensive there are cheap one’s in L.B. also!!! Bad choice and why were the dogs left in the car overnight alone????? Bad decisions all around but I do hope the dogs are returned safe and sound!!

17. carol says:

I live in Buena park..and yesterday about 12 ..I saw a dog just like Peter running down knott & cresent..going towards the 91 freeway..IHe was running down the middle of the St…I think I will call Bellflower police..Maybe the van is here too