Woman Killed In Car-to-Car Shooting On 91 Freeway

COMPTON (CBS) — Authorities say a woman has been fatally shot in a car-to-car shooting on a freeway near Compton.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s Deputy Guillermina Saldana said Saturday the woman was on the westbound 91 Freeway at about 8:15 p.m. Friday when someone in another car opened fire.

The woman, whose identity was not released, was a passenger.

KNX 1070’s Ed Mertz Reports

The driver pulled off the freeway and drove to a gas station store, but the victim died before she could be taken to a hospital.

No motive has been identified.

Detectives are asking for anyone who was on the freeway at around 8:15 p.m. to call the Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

1. Guest Reply says:

You are brilliant. A genuine genius.

1. Nur says:

Mrdaveg140 on October 24, 2011 llvoey review video video!! Gotta Love the Ipad 2. Personally, I think this tablet is the best on the market and this review is even better. Nice Review! as far as I got my iPad 2 for free, I can’t complain:) Just Google for: freeipad2tablet.infoI’m typing using my iPad 2 right now

2. jip says:

Unfortunate, but you know, most people bring problems upon themselves. Young people these days drive like idiots and are only asking for trouble. Little girls in SUVs are the worst-Fords/Chevys, as they believe they are something special in their old clapped out vehicle, they tailgate you, cut you off, speed,etc. No wonder more do not get shot to be honest.

1. Mel Gibson says:

I am surprised that there aren’t more accidents also. I wish the CHP or had some place where we could report these young ignorant girls. I have had one spin out behind me and one crash into me when i slammed on the brakes. I get so angry when they tailgate me
      They just don’t seem to understand that you have to keep a certain distance from the car in front of you. Both my Cousin and best friend were rear ended last year by young chicks that can’t really drive when something goes wrong. It’s easy to drive a straight line but when traffic gets crazy it’s a different story.

1. Jimbob says:

Mel Gibson….yeah right.

2. Dirk says:

This person, who wasn’t even driving, brought it upon herself? Sounds like you’re the type who brings problems upon themselves.

3. gma says:

what the hell dose any of what you guy said have to do with the news story. She was a passenger not the driver. There was no reason to kill her. you guys are a bunch of idiots. Do you even know how to read?

4. Jenn says:

You have no idea who this woman was and for you to even begin to turn this tragedy into a blaming game you are just plain WRONG. No matter how a person drives they DO NOT deserve to be shot in cold blood like that. Just imagine that it was YOUR daughter that got shot and someone left a comment saying she brought it upon herself…..re think yourself!!!

BTW: she was the passenger and NOT driving like “an idiot asking for trouble”, also she was not one of your stero-types, she happened to be a young woman in school and taking care of her 5 year old daughter.

3. jockeygirl says:

This really scares me, because my daughter has someone else drive her car. And, she sits as a passenger. And, she is latina. Mixed with my irish… I haven’t heard from her last night. Does anyone know who the victems name is?
    I live in Arcadia,Ca. She has friends that live out near Wilmington. And, she is
    takeing care of a woman,that lives in Carson,CA… I will check this comment
    section in a few hours. Thanks,JVH

1. Mightyzepp says:

Oh my god woman, get a grip,

1. heather says:

She should be concerned. What kind of parent would she be if she/he weren’t???

2. heather says:

Call the police department and have them run her license plate. If nothing comes up, report her missing. Its been more than 24 hrs. Well, thats what I would do.

1. heather says:

This comment was for jockeygirl by the way.

3. Jenn says:

Yes I know the woman and it’s not your daughter.

4. David says:

Rhapsodiie Posted on Well i know for sure that if i get a small boy dog, id name it bewosr lol…big scary name for a cute little dog lol

4. Emily says:

That’s a very ignorant comment. What makes you think it was a republican? Or even a man? How can you have “no doubt’ who the murderer is when there have been no details revealed as to who could have killed her?

5. Dee says:

Really??? So annoying why bring politics into everything? You sound like an ignorant who voted for “change”…rude!!!!!!! And disrespectful!!!!

6. Don’t tell me…another Hollywood publicist.

7. Mikey says:

The law of averages says it was probably an illegal shot by another illegal.

1. James says:

Law of averages says you are an idiot that does not understand the law of averages.

1. Shafi says:

You need to just relax. Let it come as it will. If after rexnliag, you aren’t getting what you want from her – tell her. Be honest, upfront, and make sure you’re both on the same page about your relationship boundaries.Sometimes people aren’t good together after realizing what else is out there. Not to say either of you aren’t “good” enough for each other, but, you both deserve to be happy right?You aren’t being controlling, and the natural feeling of being obsessive towards her will go away with time.So, again, my short answer is to tell her exactly how you feel, or, be content with how things are.Let us know what happens after you talk, if you’d like.

8. john g says:

I knew the victim and she wasn’t a troublemaker and she was legal idiots

9. Prima says:

No she wasnt a troublemaker, no she wasnt ilegal, no she didnt diserve to die- she was a kind, independent,carismatic, smart wonderful mother of 4 year old-what are we going to tell My four year old niece when she asks why mommy didnt come to pick her up that friday evening- who is going to call her cousin to go out to lunch- who is going to give rides to the clinic to a mother- whos going to give answer to her sisters-where can we find her when we call text her and leave voicemessages but get no answer-PLEASE IF YOU HaVE aNy Info tell The detEctives and call the number up on top- We WILL GIVE a REWARd FOR THOSE WHo HELp Find the ASSASin of us born citizen-mexican american daughther,mother of a 4 year old, sister, cousin of 30, and college Student ?????

1. Ronaldo says:

First tkahns for posting this..however it did not worked for me..I even went back and used Revert widget templates to default, and now I have sign on top of my blog"TEMPLATE ERROR: Error during evaluation of all-head -content"Do you have any idea how to fix this!!!!Thanks!

10. Joe says:

The woman killed was my friend. We still don’t know the motive. She leaves behind a daughter who I have to raise now by myself. She was loved by everyone around her. She will be missed and her daughter still has to cope with the loss at such a young age.

1. Jenn says:

I am so sorry “Joe”…. if you need ANYTHING let me know, I was always there for her and I will always be there for you.

2. melissa says:

did she work as a chiropractic?

1. Jenn says:

No she wasn’t.

2. Angela says:

That is bizarre that u asked if she worked as a Chiropractic. My cousin was shot and killed on the 10 freeway back in 2008 and she was a chiropractic.

11. Erika says:

I hadn’t talked or seen her in years, but I have some good memories of the times I did. I’m sorry for your loss.

It’s sad that there are people that are disrespectful and inconsiderate to others feelings. Why even make stupid comments like that. Get a life!

1. Sunil says:

Thanks, I added this and it wrekod the first time. Is there anyway to have the reply post directly below the person though, instead of making a whole new comment with the @ symbol? Thanks

2. Jairo says:

Wow, this suodns amazing. If you find out any details about the training, please post them.

12. Freddy says:

November 2, 2011 yo i love this cltohing and i want to buy it. i dont see a link or nothing on how to buy this vampierlife apparel.