OC Parents Warned Sex Offender’s Release Imminent

Official: man abducted, molested 2 girls in 1983

SANTA ANA (AP) — The Orange County district attorney is warning parents about a sex offender who will be released from prison this week after serving 25 years of a 49-year sentence.

District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said Tuesday that 52-year-old Lawrence Joseph Brown will be released on parole Wednesday from Chino State Prison.

KNX 1070’s Chris Sedens Reports

Rackauckas says Brown abducted and molested an 8-year-old girl and a 7-year-old girl in two separate incidents in Santa Ana in 1983.

Rackauckas says the state determined that Brown does not meet the criteria for a sexually violent predator so there’s nothing he can do to prevent Brown’s release.

He says if Brown had been convicted of the same crimes today, he would have faced 300 years to life in prison.

Brown has repeatedly said he is innocent.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Yo Daddy says:

I wouldn’t really worry about this guy doing anything to little girls anymore….after 25 years in the big house….he probably likes boys now….hide yo kids hide yo husbands

1. joseph says:

they can provide houseing for these guy at eagel moutain mine off the 10 interstate going to palm spring there home there not live in it buy a jail they can see it every day to remind them they do it again that where they be instead of the state paying motel bill for these idot’s they can put them there out side of that jail maybe see there boy friend

2. Carisa Harris-Blades says:

The fact that the district attorney has basically issued a death penalty on a man who, despite being deemed no threat to society, and whom has already served 25 years of a sentence sought by a desperate district attorney in need of a scapegoat, is enough to make any sane person question the real intentions of District Attorney Tony Rackauckas. Unfortunately, corruption is not found solely in politics, and in this case those who have sought the truth have been brushed aside and denied access to vital information. It is a sad day for California, as well as this nation when a innocent man is condemned and pleas for the truth go unheard.

1. Jeff says:

I’m sure you’d be shedding a tear for this deviant if it were your daughter or son he molested. Pedophilia isn’t a disorder, it’s an incurable disease. The only way to stop pedophiles from repeating is to castrate them. Sounds barbaric, but if it protects our children, i say go for it.

People are never the same after being molested. I’ve dated several women who have been molested and/or raped when they were young. It never goes away, they never fully heal.

2. PAPPI says:

GUESS YOU DON”T HAVE ANYDAUGHTERS OR KIDS TO WORRY ABOUT IDIOT!!!!YOU ARE A BOOKWORM WHO HAS BOOK SMARTS BUT LACK COMMON SENCE?WOW!!!

3. Caroline says:

That comment makes me wonder if either 1) you are related to the man, or 2) a sexual predator yourself. A trial was held, he was convicted, and he VIOLENTLY RAPED two little girls. Are you for real? My God. I can’t believe you would defend him. Saying something like “he should be left alone” would be understandable, but what the heck are you defending him for and claiming he’s innocent? I’m disgusted.

4. JAL says:

DNA confirmed his semen in the underpants of one of his victims doesn’t sound “innocent” to me. You are a sad, ignorant person, whoever you are CHB, and clearly lack not only sympathy or compassion, but intelligence. Judging from your position, you have likely done time yourself and refuse to accept responsibility for your actions, just like LJB.

How this type of person ever made it this far in society is beyond me. Guarantee in another time, society would’ve taken care of these predators the good old fashioned way: a public hanging.

5. Carl says:

Carisa,
      Are you saying that this man (animal) was innocent? Were is the proof? My real question is: Why was he released? I’m sorry but any one who hurts a child is an animal and should be treated as such. Our Father in heaven will decide the true punishment but until then leave them behind bars !

3. Tami says:

INNOCENT!!! Carisa PULL YOUR HEAD OUT!
    Many items were degraded and not in a condition to be forensically examined, but the sperm found on Jane Doe #2’s underwear matches Brown’s DNA.
    Maybe you should let him move in with you.
    DO YOU FEEL SAFE?
    Child molesters should be put down like the violent animals they are!!!!

4. Brandon says:

GANG MEMBERS. Free shot. No one will tell.

5. SIAM SAM says:

Its a sad day in California when people such as this are released from prison early. Castration should be a condition of the early release, that way no one would have to worry. So many inmates that are released early end up right back in prison. I use the individual that killed the deputy in riverside as an example. We have some of these deviants living around town and I feel sorry for them if I ever see them anywhere near my kids.You’ll be seeing a missing person bulletin not a wanted poster.

6. Bonnie Anderson says:

String him from thre highest tree Please.

7. Tami says:

If a child is MOLESTED or RAPED — ONCE– it affects that child FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!

8. Remembering Chelsea King says:

Once an offender always an offender.

1. PAPPI says:

ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER?WHAT IS THE DIFF???

9. jay says:

i don’t even know what to think or say… i think everyone deserves a 2nd, 3rd & 4th chance… but if that were my daughter he’d violated – i might be waiting outside the gate for him… it’s hard to know what to believe – we just need to PRAY!!!!!

1. Trisha says:

Prayer isn’t going to get you anywhere.

2. PAPPI says:

SO HE CAN GET A 2ND,3RD,4TH CHANCE UNLESS IT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER????YOU SERIOUS????

10. DS says:

Huh, served 25 of 49 years and he “had” to be released? Stupidity reigns supreme

11. SD says:

what can I say people ,I am an officer where this guy was doing time with the state, all I can say we have to put up with this guys every day and treat them RIGHT. And yes they think they are in this great place and they deserve everything society has to offer to them, god forbid we are mean to them because they will go crying to mommy and he media will buy it too.

12. wow! says:

Did someone say vigilante? Oh how I wish there was a real Dexter Morgan out there!

13. J sampson says:

Atrocious that this man is being released. I heard on the CBS news report that this monster may move to the Tustin area amongst a largely populated area of schools and children. I would like follow-up information on confirmation of his relocation to the Tustin area. How absurd….what does it take for his crimes to be considered a sexual predator? An attack on another little girl? Then will that be enough? Send this animal back to jail to serve his sentence.

14. tailgator says:

Being released on “good behavior” is absolutely moronic ..Last time I checked, there are no ittle girls in prison. His next victim will not survive.

15. KNOWITALL7 says:

IF HE WAS LIVING IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD, I’D HAVE A RIFLE WITH A GOOD NIGHT SCOPE.

16. Matt Hermann says:

I drive by this guys house on the way to work every single day. He better not be near the road when I pass by.