Fiery Motorcycle Crash Closes Eastbound 91 Freeway

RIVERSIDE (CBS) — At least one person suffered major injuries Sunday in a fiery motorcycle crash that prompted the closure of all eastbound lanes on the 91 Freeway in Riverside.

The crash occurred just before 11:30 a.m. near Tyler Street when the motorcycle and an SUV collided, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The motorcycle was reportedly on fire and its rider was down in the number 2 lane, according the CHP.

Eastbound traffic was stopped for 20 minutes in all lanes from La Sierra Avenue to Tyler street.

Cal Fire and an ambulance were dispatched.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Jr says:

Droe by this accident earlier.. Took a couple pictures.. I hope everyone involved will be ok..

1. Brenton H. says:

Hello. This man who was in the accident is my uncle. If you could send me the picturesw i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1. Laura Finch says:

Love to Jay and the family! Thanks Brenton for keeping up with this!
        Love and Prayers…….XO, .The Finch’s

2. Christie says:

Traffic was horrible. When we drove by the motorcycle it was destroyed. I just hope everyone comes out of this accident alive

3. Jeremiah Babe says:

THE RIDER IS GONNA MAKE IT.

4. Greg Niemczyk says:

I was riding 30 yards behind my buddy Jay when something happened and he went down on the 91 freeway. The doctors have indicated that he is pretty busted but will be fine eventually. We thank everyone for all of their prayers and the fine work of the trauma center at Riverside Memorial Hospital.

1. Jacqueline says:

Thank God I have been praying for him since I saw the accident- I know I am a stranger please let him know I cried when I saw it and am so gled he will be ok

5. Brenton H. says:

The man who was in this accident is my uncle. On behalf of our family we would all like to sincerely say thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts. He will be ok but has some major bumps and bruises. Thank you again!

6. Michelle Mayorga says:

Praying for Jay and the rest of the family!
    With Love, The Mayorga Family

7. Jeremiah Babe says:

Jay and his family would like to thank everyone for there prayers and thoughts, he is doing very good and we hope he will be home soon.:}

8. jacqueline says:

So glad to hear the good news! Your still in my prayers Jay- I will never forget the accident and so happy to know your going to be ok!

9. Jeremiah Babe says:

JAY HAS BEEN DOING VERY WELL HE IS UP TALKING AND WAS RELEASED FROM ICU, HE IS VERY COHERENT AND IS GETTING STRONGER EVERYDAY, SOME BROKEN BONES HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE HOME SOOOON.

10. Janet says:

We just visited him at the hospital. He’s in good spirit and smiling, he’ll be ok because he’s a fighter. Thank god it was not worse .

11. Gucci says:

I appeared to be very pleased to search out this particular web-site.I wanted to appreciate it for your precious time for this amazing learn!! I certainly loving each little it and I had you bookmarked to look at fresh stuff you writing.

12. xuyuan says:

Hack again?!

13. ghdoutlet says:

Wow, how wonderful weblog format! How lengthy have you been reading a blog for? you are able to made running a blog glance easy. The whole glance of your website is magnificent, well the content material!Just come to ghd australia

14. trolololo says:

online diamond stores – With online diamond stores like howbuydiamond.com each and every customer has access to a diamond professional and is treated as a valued friend. On the web diamond shops have their company developed to swiftly provide a wide selection of diamond alternatives and to have the ability to supply education as to which are going to be the top based on the customer’s shopping specifications. On-line stores focus their energy on obtaining the best diamond for the client instead of trying to sell the client the diamond they’ve in their display case and is most likely greaterthan the client’s budget