PASADENA (CBS) — All hail the Rose Queen of 2011!
Evanne Elizabeth Friedmann, a 17-year-old senior at La Cañada High School, was crowned Tuesday during a ceremony in Pasadena.
Afternoon anchor Diane Thompson talks with KNX 1070’s Tom Haule and Linda Nunez
Evanne was chosen from a panel of seven finalists, with good reason. She’s a model, videographer for her senior class, part of a comedy improvisation group called Comedy Sportz and a member of the National Charity League, National Honor Society and the California Scholarship Federation. And to top it all off, she’s been a Girl Scout for 13 years.
As Rose Queen, Evanne will be one of the city’s official ambassadors for the 122nd Rose Parade and the 97th Rose Bowl Game.
The 2011 Rose Court includes:
- Tatyane Anaid Berrios, 17, Arcadia High School
- Sarah Christine Fredrickson, 17, Maranatha High School
- Jessica Michelle Montoya, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School
- Tenaya Miyoko Senzaki, 17, Pasadena High School
- Kathryn Morris Thomson, 17, Flintridge Sacred Heart
- Michelle Washington, 18, Pasadena City College.
More than 1,000 young women applied to be a part of the 2011 Rose Court.
The parade’s 2011 theme is “Building Dreams, Friendships & Memories.”
(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)