CBS Daytime Show ‘The Talk’ To Debut

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — “The Talk,” a daytime talk show hosted by six mothers in the entertainment industry, will premiere Monday on CBS.

Emmy award-winning Sara Gilbert, best known for her role on the hit series “Roseanne,” developed the show. Gilbert said that she first thought about the show shortly after the birth of her son Levi Hank in 2004.

“I was feeling overwhelmed,” Gilbert said at this summer’s Television Critics Association press tour. “Was I giving my son enough attention? I started going to this mom group and I thought `Wow, people need this kind of support.”

“It was just sort of like a light bulb went off and I thought `What if there were a show where a bunch of women sat together and talked about the world through that perspective?”‘

Gilbert will be joined by “The Early Show” anchor and “Big Brother” host Julie Chen, along with actresses Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur and entertainment manager turned television personality Sharon Osbourne.

Winokur will also deliver reports from the field.

“The Talk,” which will also include interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, airs from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. The show is replacing the soap opera “As the World Turns,” which ended its 54-year run Sept. 17.

“We were looking for a new format that would speak to the core audience, but also have the topical and entertainment value to go even broader,” CBS Entertainment Senior Vice President, Daytime,  Barbara Bloom said.

Chen said “The Talk” “is not a show that’s just for moms.”

“When you tune into it, you should feel like you’re seeing six women from totally different walks of life, who are gathering and talking about what everyone is talking about,” Chen said.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Veda says:

I LOVE the show. I LOVE the girls. May I make a suggestion? I know you are a new show and probably don’t want any. But, maybe the girls could make some woman’s dream come true. With today’s turmoil and live’s being topsy turvy someone may just like to be queen for a day with the dream of a lifetime.

vedac123@sbcglobal.net

2. rosalea demott says:

Please, we didn’t need another talk show. This is just like the View, Why would you waste your time with this show. I have to look for something else to watch. You really need to think before you take a show that has been on for every to put this show on.

3. bizzybee says:

I think the show is great, the people seem so real, and it is like sitting in the room talking to them. Keep up the good work.

4. Nancy says:

Wow, what a refreshing talk format…..no screaming & negative talk among the co-hosts. I can no longer watch The View because of the rude way they treat their quest & how they all want to talk at once…of course that means no one is listening. Keep up the good work……..you’ve got a great show! When you are interviewing a guest,sometimes a couple of the co-hosts leave & do not participate……WHY? Nancy

5. Cindy DeMand says:

I love this new show, tape it every day to watch and shared it with my husband last night…he enjoyed it, too! These are some of my favorite ladies on television and they blend very well together…funny, informative and entertaining.

6. Miona says:

I watch the show everyday And i think the ladies r doing a wonderfull job as i have seen them all at one point and time. and think all 6 ladies are awesome

7. Dorcus E. Abercrombie says:

I just stumbled across the show Monday afternoon and I really like it. I did not realize until watching your show that I had been in a dysfunctional family watching ‘The View’ I see now that yiou have to get out of the verbal violence to realize that there is love and peace on other channels. Thanks for bringing calmness to my home.

8. Suellen Brown says:

I am a big fan of the show I really like all of the hosts, great job.

9. Michelle says:

Love this show! The women are all articulate in expressing their different takes on life. And no cross talk like a certain other show. Particularly like Sharon, Leah and Sara.

10. Caroline Hoover says:

I love this new show i watch everyday so keep up the good work

11. Kristy says:

“Six women from totally different walks of life?” Yeah, let’s see, one is in show business, another is in show business, another in show business, oh and one is in show business, and the other one is in show business! And there is the one who “delivers reports from the field”……..whoever she is. I, like most normal people have nothing in common with these people and that lifestyle.
    I might watch if they just get rid of that rude, annoying, loud mouth, eye-rolling LEAH REMINI.. She is so mean and condesending especially to the very sweet Sara Gilbert. Why is Sara even friends with her??

1. Cindy says:

I totally agree with you about Leah. She is so rude not just to her co-hosts but to the guests. And her gagging gig is so immature. King of Queens has been off the air for quite some time so stop acting like you’re still in Queens. Love everone else. I don’t have much in common with any of them but the show is interesting. I really think Holly is great with her charity & informative about autism.

12. kathleen says:

I love your show…..i really like the chemistry between you girls, it seems like your give each other courtest, even when you don’t agree, (unlike the loudmouths of that ABC show)….keep up hte good work and always be courteous to each other, that is what makes the show a success!

13. Dale Williams says:

I think the tragic event that happen with so many dead and people lost still, is more important than some dumb ass wedding, lol I can’t believe there taking that wedding over lost lives that was lost here, VERY SAD !

1. Dale Williams says:

The Tornado victim’s that lost everything is suffering , While the news media still have there attention to the royal wedding is very SAD !

14. david seymon says:

i am a published author, reflections of gratitude. i am also brain traumatized, 41 years ago. i would be ever so grateful to see the brain traumatized people of these united states get their deserved recognition. after all, the ‘normal’ ones have no concept of what it is like to be inside these bodies and minds. i have seen it from both sides and though i cannot change what has occurred, my book may allow the normal folk as to what it is like and how they can see their dilemna and how they can possibly assist..

15. connie says:

please let sharon host the talk she funny serious and well educated she really care about the topic. julie is awful host.

16. connie says:

i love sharon LEAH is rude Julie is awful Robin is like A CHILD along with sara
    this is the only time i watch is when sharon host. go sharon

17. Miriam Sales says:

Leah goes too far the way she treats Sarah. Some of the others don’t show much respect for her either the way they interrupt and don’t let her talk. I find it refreshing to have someone like Sarah who is quiet but feels strong in her beliefs about food and how she raises her kids. I like the diversity of the group. I was wondering why the casts mothers are in the audience every day. Don’t they have a life of their own?

18. M, J, Simmons says:

I wish I could say I love the show. But I can’t get past 10 mins. Leah is horrible.
    She acts just like she did on the sitcom. Sharon is bad. I don’t care how many times these woman pee their pants, have sex in public, etc. Show has no class. Julie is not good Sharon is trying to get them t call her Mr O. That is funny, That leaves Sarah, who I love, but honey this is a rip-off of the View.
    Holly is good that leaves 2 women but still not good enough to get me to take this
    show.

19. Larry DIxon says:

I was really shocked at Holly’s reaction to the chitterlings on stage today. She really showed her (SELLOUT) ability on national T.v. No wonder black T.V wont have you.

20. Dorothy J. says:

Who ever made the decision to take Holly and Leah off the show should be fired!
    You had a great show and ruined it. I will not be watching or my sister or daughter.

1. Carol Sanchez says:

I agree, Both of these women have the best sebse of humor. They bring lots of entertrainment to the show. That big fat black girl on there now is disgusting. I won’t be watching the show anymore

21. cAROL sEEBERGER says:

I TUNED IN ON tUESDAY, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SHOW AFTER HIATUS, SAW THAT hOLLY AND lEAH WERE NOT THERE, WAITED FOR AN EXPLANATION, GOT NONE. tUNED IN TODAY, boring!!!! wAITED AGAIN TO HEAR WHERE THE GIRLS WERE, GOT NOTHING. hAD TO GO ON LINE AND GOOGLE THEM TO FIND OUT THEY HAD BEEN FIRED. tHE HEART AND MEAT OF THE SHOW WERE FIRED!!????? wHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
    FUN IS GONE, AND SO AM i…YOUR LOSS, cbs

22. KEVIN WALLEY says:

Hello I really enjoyed the show but I really don’t understand what happen with Holly and Leah they was the best one on there then came Julie then Sara but THAT SHARONN REALLY NEED TO GO SEH NEVER @ WORK HER OTHER DUTIES CAME FIRST BUT HOLLY AND LEAH WAS THERE EVERYDAY NOW ALL MY FRIEND LOOK @ OTHER SHOW YALL WAS BETTER THAN THE VIEW THE TALK HAD A CALM BOUT IT BLAIR UNDERWOOD BRING’S DRAMA DRAMA AND THAT OTHER LADY SEEM JUST AS CRAZY AS THE ROLL SHE I WILL PRAY THAT THINGS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

23. Wilma Aitchison says:

Where is Leah Remini? Miss her. Why did she leave. Put her back with the Ladies on The Talk

24. mARY eLLEN a.gEFFERT mANGIONE says:

HOW DO i SIGN UP FOR TICKETS FOR THE nEW yORK SHOW????????WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.