Sibila Vargas, Exposed

New Morning Star Reveals All... Sort Of

Facebook users: make Kent Shocknek your friend

Twitter: follow KentShocknek

Remember this name: Sibila Vargas. Monday, October 11, marks Sibila’s debut as my co-anchor on CBS2 News, 4:30-7 a.m., and CBS2 News at 11 a.m. And –look– I’ll be honest here: you can read all about her genuinely impressive credentials here; but wouldn’t it be more fun  to know the following, which your humble correspondent dragged out of her, as she was trying to set up the computer in her cubicle?….

She actually has the theme song to Rocky on her iPod.  Her favorite food appears to be sushi. Her family’s nickname for her is “Cookie.”  Her favorite TV show –and here she wavered– is Big Brother… No, wait!  it’s Survivor. No!  It’s Big Brother. She settled on Survivor.  Her first car was a black VW Jetta. (Good choice. -Ed.) And she has karaoked Poker Face, by Lady Gaga.

Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to working with Sibila? I have been a fan of hers for longer than I’m willing to tell her. She knows Southern California, and you will like knowing her. Watch: you’ll see.

1. b.a.gooch says:

all that and pretty too!

1. sharon fielder says:

loving the life out of channel 2 news oh,and by the way kent,and his sexy educated self. ladies please get back,,, ok sabila,have a good day, yum yum…keeping begging sugah… if we didnt have these self esteem,presentable,worthing,people…what the world would we look,forward too……..

2. Nick says:

Bob, you probably know as well as I do that “loyalty” in this tough business really doesn’t exist as we know it. A new anchor has arrived, as is inevitable at all television stations, and the station and Kent et all must promote the newscast. We might well wonder if Kent is being “disloyal” to Kathy Vara from their tenure a decade ago at KNBC. That’s life.

3. Sadie B. says:

Welcome Sibila! That said, where DID Henry DiCarlo go? And while we’re at it what happened to Amelia Earhart? I have looked all over the net for info and found none. She seems to have disappeared much like her renowned ancestor. No offense to the current sky-guy Mike, would just like to know.

1. Flower Power says:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Amelia too!! Did Susan Ricco go to another station? You don’t see as much staff movement on other local stations as you see at cbs2.

2. Kim Boutelier says:

Sadie B. Amelia Earhart is back in Denver on News9. she has an in studio job weekadays doing traffic. I really liked her as well.

4. Sadie B. says:

Not sure. The last I heard by googling her she was toasting her toes somewhere on a Baja beach. No info on a web site or other details for her. Not sure if the high turnover is limited to CBS2. Could just be the industry in general. Seems to be precarious at best for any TV personality.

5. Gator Dad says:

Amelia is flying for Channel 9 in Denver, Colorado.

6. Flower Power says:

That’s good to hear Gator. She was very pleasant and professional. A friend told me that Henry D. is doing the mid-day news weather cast.

7. Tom says:

8. Jeanie says:

I have enjoyed your morning news show for years. Sibila Vargas has been on for two days and taken God’s name in vain both days. This is very offensive to me and I’m sure others. I will watch for one more week to see if things change. If not, you will loose a view or viewers. No one else has ever done this and it is so unprofessional!

9. O.R says:

Did Somebody say Mia Lee is comming back?

10. Anthony Darbro says:

Am leaving cbs 2 morning news
    You have ruined it and I wouldn’t doubt you will soon replace Kent with some other lame personality like Sabila
    Going to watch ABC from now on
    Have been here for about 25 years
    but no more

11. Bay says:

We notice, too, that when people leave CBS2 Morning News, they just disappear without a Goodbye or a comment. We tired very quickly of Amelia but still nice to know if she is okay. AND, we are HENRY Di CARLO fans, so we have followed him to KTLA 5 starting at 4:30 AM and he’s doing great. They only reason left to watch CBS2 is Kent Shocknek. We miss him!

12. eLegal says:

Sabila will make you wanna get up early to watch the news. I will absolutely miss seeing her on Fox 26 news here in Houston. Be kind to her LA fans!🙂

13. Jack Horton says:

when i wake in the mornings in Katy Texas I feel like someone removed a beautiful rose and transplanted it in Los Angeles,,I miss Sabila delivering the news every morning as i enjoyed my first cup of coffee,,Its just not the same in the without her ,,I really miss her,,but accept she must move on and share her professionalism and beauty witb the world. .In time it will be Sabila at CBS nightly news , National News replacing Katie Coric and bringing CBS out of the basement in the ratings

14. Jack Horton says:

ATT: CBS NEWS.. Sabila Vargas will bring your NIghtly News back into competition….

15. Fidel says:

Sabila I miss you here in Houston, come back to where you belong : (

16. sharon fielder says:

with a cup coffe and super,stong anchor these two,sabila,and kent….why are you people,purple barney eaters hating….i admire good strong news,smile,charisma,,rich bold educated taste keep up good news.channel2. love,to catch,the latiest,,what,la,doing for are community……..and,the young,people,achieving,better,themselves………god bless you guys babyface…………..