Family In Search Of Missing Rancho Cucamonga Girl, 13

RANCHO CUCAMONGA (AP) — Authorities are searching for a 13-year-old Rancho Cucamonga girl missing since Friday who friends say wanted to run away from home.

San Bernardino County sheriff’s officials said Wednesday that Nancy Melena never showed up for soccer practice after leaving a friend’s house.

Investigators told The Sun of San Bernardino that friends and witnesses said Melena expressed a desire to run away but they don’t know if she did or if something happened to her.

The girl’s father says he last heard from his daughter late Friday morning when she called to ask if she could go home with her friend after classes at Etiwanda Intermediate School.

The family says they just want to know the girl is safe.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Larry P. says:

They should want to know more than if she’s just safe.

1. vudu says:

Yep, obviously some home troubles that she needs help with. Runaways are often simply considered troubled or rebellious without much thought put into what the parents are doing to the child. I had horrible parents, ones long dead now and the other i dont have contact with, i wouldnt have it any other way. This could be a case of abuse that the parents are tying to keep quiet. I know my mother was always very good at fooling those around her into thinking she was a good parent. Seeing as how this girl had been planning this, i hope she had a good plan that didnt involve the internet and a 40something year old guy.

2. ady says:

@ Vudu-What a shame that you are more worried of what the parent is trying to hide. I personally know the father of this teenager and he is nothing like that. Not just because your parent was like that means that all of them are. The only thing everyone should be doing is praying the girl is safe and ok.

1. vudu says:

Ady, i meant no offense but since I knew someone would reply who knew the parents……. is why i stated how easily bad and/or abusive parents can seem perfectly innocent to everyone, except to their child who endures those condiions. All im trying to say is that once they find her, the police need to have a chat to find out why she ran before thy trust her parents to take custody of her again.

3. Maxine says:

She was actually one of my friends. We go to the same school, Etiwanda High. Now that It happeded, I am teriffied. I miss her, and I’m worried. I am not a fake, we were friends! Please, pray for her…

4. denise,charm says:

I miss my friend and pleaseeee !! pleasseeee ! hope shes okay ! pleasee ! i know i wasnt there when she dispeared but it still hurts to know she somewhere we dnt know!

5. denise,charm says:

Maxine, you are a fake because she dosent go to etiwanda high ! she gose to etiwanda intermediate school and yu dnt no a thng about nancy so stop !