Whitney Drolen’s “Wardrobe Malfeasance”

Malfeasance. Noun.\mal-'fee-zen(t)s\ "Unjustified Wrongdoing by Public Official"

It’s not a wardrobe malfunction, because traffic reporter  Whitney’s in complete control. I like to think of it as malfeasance, because I don’t think there’s a real reason to do it, especially if  you’re a fashion role model like she is. (There, that covers all the bases: see ‘malfeasance’ definition, above.)

Every day, as CBS2 News at 4:30 a.m. is getting under way, Whitney walks into the studio wearing her work wardrobe… wrapped up under some ridiculously huge “snuggy”-thing that looks like a monk’s robe, if the monk lived at the very top of the mountain in Tibet. A polar expedition would take this thing off, saying it makes them too warm. It has more insulation than a potholder factory. You get the idea.

I look at her like she’s crazy. She returns the favor. She says the studio is cold. I say it’s just right. Now, I understand that her traffic center (backstage) is not as warm as it is under the lights, but really…. Whitney’s a football fan, so her giant wrap has a sports motif. I’m trying to get her to model it on the air. $5 says it’ll never happen.

1. John Hagg says:

Kent – You still make me laugh… even since you were at KNBC. If Whitney models her faux “Snuggie” on air, please advise.

John Hagg in Mission, KS

2. Curt Mahler says:

She is one of the best parts of your morning team and we who rise early appreciate how amazing she looks that early in the morning!

3. gene says:

kent, whats up with whitney wearing that charger jersey??? i thought that she’s a stealers fan.

4. Bill F says:

Kent – I work in an office where I am one of the only men and they are the same way. They are always freezing and I think it’s just right! I will say that we love Whitney out here and she and Lisa make my day everyday in the morning. They are both gorgeous! Have a great day!

5. Doug says:

You’re right that “snuggie” is a bit out of the norm for the news, but you have to admit her outfits underneath are what it’s all about.

6. Bill says:

Kent – I work in an office where I am one of the only men in a sea of women! They are always cold and I am always running hot! Speaking of H.O.T.T. Whitney and Lisa are very H.O.T.T. They make my day every morning! Thanks

7. Jane says:

Whitney could wear a potato sack and still look gorgeous, and I ought to know, I’m her Mom (and the one that purchased the questionable “snuggy” for her).

1. Bob Beall says:

Way to go MOM

8. Mike says:

Whitney is Great, thank you Jane

9. High desert Jim says:

Whitney replaced Amelia and Vera and I am much happier. She can deliver a SIG ALERT with such charm that I am almost looking forwart to it.
    Give this reporter a raise and keep her on the morning news!
    She makes my morning bearable.
    Thanks Whitney for getting up so early.

10. The moose says:

I’d tune in to see her no matter what she wore …. YOU on the other hand, well there’s no contest, you’d have to go …..